YES is an innovative competition which aims to raise awareness of the commercialisation of scientific ideas among the research community. YES has been running for 21 years and has a track record of inspiring postgraduates to take their careers somewhere they may not have previously imagined.
How does YES work?
A team of 4 or 5 members work together to devise a business plan for a company based on hypothetical science.
Places are provided FREE of charge to most researchers.
- Form a team and apply by Friday 27th May
- Participate in the online briefing session on Monday 3rd August
- Decide upon an innovative idea that could work as a business and think about which areas of the business each team member be responsible for and undertake some market research
- All team members attend a three day residential workshop encompassing presentations and mentoring sessions from leading figures in industry. Workshops held between September and November
- Teams with the best business plan are selected to go forward to the final on Monday 5th December in London
Find more information, including how to apply to participate, on the Biotechnology YES website: http://www.biotechnologyyes.co.uk/biotechnologyyes/index.aspx.
Download the event flyer here.