While there are still some spaces left, P2P NIBB are aiming to close registration on the 20th October which means you have less than a week to go now to sign up so please don’t forget: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/plants-to-products-showcase-tickets-18550758819. The draft programme and more information can also be found at http://www.nibbp2p.org/plants-to-products-showcase/
Dr. Kirstin Covington, P2P NIBB Manager says, “We have quite a broad range of people already registered to attend from a range of backgrounds and expertise with a nearly 50:50 split between business/ industry and academia so you should have a good chance of meeting someone you want to work with.”
There are also just a couple of poster slots available for people to use to promote their skills and expertise so get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
Plants to Products Showcase
Event from November 10, 2015 to November 11, 2015
An exciting two day event organsised by the Plants to Products (P2P) Network to showcase P2P funded projects and provide attendees with an opportunity to discuss the challenges/ considerations that influence the successful delivery of process ready organisms as well as hearing examples of how those challenges are being addressed.
In addition P2P are providing two parallel workshops/ surgeries to help delegates with their funding activities and IP Management. P2P hope this event, being held at the Pendulum Hotel, Manchester, will give attendees the opportunity to:
- Hear about the exciting science being funded by the network
- Join the discussion on the challenges in delivering “process ready” microorganisms
- See how some of these challenges are being tackled – by groups such as Reverdia, Corbion, Zuvasyntha, CHAIN and Rebio – and hear about the remaining opportunities
- Help us scope out our next Proof of Concept call
- Find support and advice for funding your next project/ collaboration
- Have the time and space to start building your collaboration
- Get a one-to-one with funding or business experts
- Learn more about IP management from those in the know – including patent attorneys and investment specialists
- Have the opportunity to discuss specific IP issues one-to-one with patent attorneys from Gill, Jennings and Every – no hard sell or business pitch, just FREE advice